In our ‘Quote 10’ series, we highlight 10 quotes about a particular topic or 10 quotes that were said by a prominent individual. All of the quotes that we look at are specifically chosen to increase the levels of inspiration and motivation that you have in your life. In this article, we focus our attention on the importance of learning, continuous education, and personal growth by looking at 10 of the best Education Quotes.
Regardless of the field or profession, the people who positively impact the world all put great importance on continuous education and lifelong learning. The most successful, happy, and fulfilled individuals also find enjoyment in the processes of increasing their knowledge of the world and recreating themselves through personal development. Famed psychologists Carl Rogers and Abraham Maslow told us that in order to move closer to our deepest desire of self-actualization, we have to continuously work towards making ourselves better people through the process of education.
Unfortunately, all too many people come to falsely believe that the education process stops after high school or university. Each of us can use these 10 education quotes to remind ourselves that in order to find the fulfillment that we seek, we must make the commitment to lifelong learning:
- “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
- “Education is the most powerful weapon we can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Education is the key to unlock the golden door of freedom.” – George Washington Carver
- “The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.” – Dr. Seuss
- “The purpose of education is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
- “If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn’t need the motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.” – Jim Rohn
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” – Aristotle